Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Can Do This

Notes while frantically cleaning/clearing out my apartment:

1. I have now lived in several generic apartment complexes. If there is any positive aspect of said complexes, it is this: the y all have the same bland "off-white" paint color on the walls that perfectly matches the color of whatever off-the-shelf spackle I buy to fill holes from nails and tacks. I do not believe this is by accident.

2. I've spent the past week or so making a point of *only* eating food in my refrigerator/freezer these past few weeks, in order to minimize food waste when I move out this weekend. I have learned one lesson so far: I buy too many frozen peas. This of course reminds me of my favorite clip from The Critic.

3. If you like fish, eat sushi. If you really like sushi, go out on a Tuesday night. Rumor has it that the San Francisco fishmonger sales take place on Monday/Tuesday; therefore, the freshest sushi will always be that night. I was at Sushi Man on Tuesday, and had some of the best hamachi and maguro I've had in a while. (Given my now-unemployed status, I probably won't be splurging on sushi for a while. It was worth it, though).

4. If you like fish, and you buy fish, and then choose to freeze it, try to thaw and cook it within a few months of your purchase. Unless, of course, you really, really like chewing your food.

5. Remember note #2? I've been attempting thing for my booze. It's been working pretty well, although I have been showing up for work a bit later than usual this week. It's allowed me to renew my love for the White Russian (or Caucasian, if you prefer the Dude's nomenclature), although there have been some rough bits. For example: cooking wine. Note to self: "cooking wine" is called that for a reason.

6. The adventure starts on Saturday. It will rock.

-deuce-

No comments: